Wednesday, October 8, 2014

PUTZ VILLAGE FOR SALE!


I have too many Christmas villages. Can you believe that? I have the traditional 'Dept. 56' size, plus some vintage ornament-size sets. The dilemma is I live in a Cape style house; not enough room for all the decorating I want to do. (I secretly have Debbie-Dabble envy!)

I would like to get rid of the larger 'Dept. 56' (er, Walmart and A.C. Moore) set, but my girls won't let me - you know - tradition and all that stuff! So the Putz-ers are going, and you might get to be the lucky one to purchase the set!

This is a Sears "11 house, 1 church" cardboard house set, with light holes in the back, and the original box. I've searched online with the stock number to try and find the year made, but have been unsuccessful. These are mostly in pretty good condition. Check the photos carefully: there is the usual cellophane torn or missing on some, and one of the red bases is torn. Of course, contact me with questions.

I figured I'd do this SILENT auction-style. I had considered listing this on eBay or Etsy, but then thought it would be fun to let my followers have a go at it first! I'm starting the bid at $20.00 U.S. and you may email me with your bid. (My email address is in the About Me section on the left column.) I WILL LEAVE THIS AUCTION OPEN FOR ONE WEEK, UNTIL NEXT WEDNESDAY (10/15), AND WILL ANNOUNCE THE WINNER ON THURSDAY (10/16). Remember, it is a SILENT auction!

The package weighs approximately one pound, so shipping shouldn't be too bad.









5 comments:

Terra said...

Someone is going to enjoy this set for many years to come and they can think of you as they set it up, a nice connection.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Nice! I recently bought a few putz houses at an estate sale, so I'm good for now! Happy selling.
warmly,
deb

LV said...

Sue what a lovely suggestion. I do not decorate anymore, so I do not need it. However, it will make someone very happy. Wanted you know too that Coloradolady's house was hit in last weeks storm. They are in a big mess.

LV said...

Sue what a lovely suggestion. I do not decorate anymore, so I do not need it. However, it will make someone very happy. Wanted you know too that Coloradolady's house was hit in last weeks storm. They are in a big mess.

Anonymous said...

Sweet! I wish I could clearly remember the type my mom had. All I remember is the broken cellophane windows! :)